Wednesday, December 24, 2008

status quo

Still sick. Horrible sick. Afraid of pneumonia sick (I'm asthmatic and get chronic bronchitis, so no, not me being a hypochondriac, me unfortunately being realistic...uck).

Done work.

Done shopping (not that I had much, we only shop for the kids, my sister's kids).

And now, I'm going to bed in the hopes that I don't wake up feeling more like hell.

Supposed to go to the HF's place tonight, if it doesn't freezing rain. Cuz he lives on a big old hill (well the side of Mount Royal, for which Montreal was named). Dropped him off at the airport where he picked up a friend from South America that just arrived (surprise! 80 cms of snow that you've never seen before!)

I don't quite know what to say to people at this time of the year....It's very much like when people tell me that they're getting married or moving in together, I don't get it so I don't feel it, so anything I say will sound horribly fake. So I just don't say a word. Smile and nod.

I'll go to jam tonight. Friends want me to go, so I'll go. I can't really sing tonight, but everyone will live.

And that's about it around here. I should buy stock in kleenex (actually Puffs with lotion & Vicks) so I'll flake out and hopefully feel more human.

One can hope.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

so sorry you're still sick, sweetie. hang in there. almost one holiday down and one to go.

adventure grrl said...

thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, it really cheered me up - i so hope you feel better.

xoxxo