Sunday, February 24, 2008

People

Sometimes, some days, I get tired of people. I am one of those that will bend over backwards, give my shirt off my back for others. But generally speaking, I don't get anything back in return. I don't expect it, but when *I* am having a rough time, it would be nice if some of what I put out there could be paid back.

This tune made me think of how I feel like that these days. My male and female friends, doesn't really matter which at this point, I'm having a rough time of it, but everyone expects me to be my fun self. And it's just not happening, so everyone has decided that they'll wait til I return to me. I find that pretty hurtful, those I listen to so often and yet nothing is reciprocated.



Where Were You?
(written by Marti Frederiksen, Suzie McNeil, Sean Cotton / performed by Suzie McNeil)

I’ve been sad and lonely for so many nights
Without you to hold me and show me it’s alright
A little understanding isn’t asking for too much
Well you loved me and left me and you never stayed in touch
Now you’re reaching out for something but there’s nothin’ I can do

Where were you to help me through all that emptiness inside?
Where were you, you never knew all those nights you made me cry
Where were you when I was all alone trying to mend this broken heart?
Now suddenly you’ve come back to me
Where were you?

Who are you to call me when you need someone?
And who are you to call me after what you’ve done?
And how can I forget the way you walked out on my love?
Well I could try to forgive you but that might not be enough
Well you broke into my heart and you left without a clue

Where were you to help me through all that emptiness inside?
Where were you, you never knew all those nights you made me cry
Where were you when I was all alone trying to mend this broken heart?
Now suddenly, you’ve come back to see it through
But where were you?

In the middle of the night I would count all the time that you came and left me
I could count so high that I realized that this was never where you wanted to be
When I needed your help you were somewhere else and I never felt so alone
To be with you, I’d be better on my own
I’ve been sad and lonely for too many nights

Where were you to help me through all that emptiness inside?
Where were you, you never knew all those nights you made me cry
Where were you when I was all alone trying to mend this broken heart?
Now suddenly you’ve come back to me, it wasn’t meant to be
And now you’re here to see it through , where were you?

No comments: