Friday, February 8, 2008

Hilarity

Is it wrong that I regard the hallowed Valentine's Day as a joke?

You know something? If you can only be nice to each other one day out of the year, or do something nice for each other, your relationship is is worse trouble then you realize.

Longest relationship in recent memory that extended over and into Valentine's was with my ex-husband. Although, obviously, there were problems in our marriage, they didn't extend to showing each other that we care for each other. I am one of those people that buys something for someone I care for, and I just can't wait to give it to them. Christmas gifts? Can't bloody well hold onto 'em for any length of time, I'm famous for giving them early because I'm way too excited about it. Sort of sick.

Anyway, we always bought each other little things, gave each other cards, it was always apparent, and never just one or two days a year.

Personally, these commercial holidays are complete bull. And that's not because I'm currently single, I have always been this way.

No comments: