Monday, February 4, 2008

Melancholy

I've been feeling a bit blue for various reasons recently. The time of year, the weather, various things that I can't totally put my finger on. List of disappointments to go along with the many wonderful things in my life I guess.

This tune made me cry today in the car on my way home (way to go Rodney, cuz I don't just cry for nothing!). Sappy assed today I guess! He's divorced is Rodney, so words are just that, words, but it'd be nice to just once hear a titch of the sentiment.



Making Memories of Us
(written by Rodney Crowell / performed by Keith Urban)

I'm gonna be here for you baby
And I'll be a man of my own word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

I wanna honor your mother
And I wanna learn from your paw
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
And I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been

We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way
I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now

And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss
Mmm hummm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust makin' memories of us
Ohhh
And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust makin memories of us

No comments: