Thursday, June 11, 2009

Unsettled

That's how I'm feeling recently.

Is it going to be my turn at some point?

I just realized that everyone I know is pairing up again. And as usual. I am not.

I'm feeling restless, unsettled, alone, lonely....sigh.

These things happen when I'm not looking. No, not me meeting someone, but everyone else I know meeting someone. Male or female. Doesn't matter, it's out there, hanging over my head. Half the time I don't realize it, but almost one third into the summer, reading things about how happy people are, it's hit me full in the face yet again.

Depressed? Not really. Despondent? A bit. Confused for sure. I don't get it. I am not looking for it, in fact have been known to not realize interest of the oposite sex...and yet.

Here I am again.

4 comments:

d said...

WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

Technodoll said...

(( hugs ))

Times like these, just remember how fiercely you value your independance and how stinky men are "the morning after", anyways. Cuddling when it's hot and humid? get the fuck out!

See? there are good sides! :-)

myself said...

d - then your life SUCKS! argh. I've had enough.

TD - I have air conditioning, as in central. Unfortunately that good side does not stand. My independence does, however a male friend said to me I need to find someone that shares my interests and then I won't have that problem....so true....and so rare...and so non-existent!

Rebecca Foster said...

If there is room in your boat, I will take a seat.

At least I know now I am not the only one in this situation. I'm glad you spoke up about it. It's easy to feel like everyone partners up but you.

Not me!