Thursday, November 19, 2009

wishing...hoping....


That photo, I can't get it out of my mind.

I need to get over there.

Is it Christmas yet? I don't like Christmas, ever, but I'm thinking this year I'll like it more than usual seeing as my gift to myself is a trip to London.

I'm not sure how to proceed with finding a job there. I've done everything I need to do and yet, nothing is happening. I need to be more proactive. The best way to do that would be to sell up here and go, but what in HELL would I live on is the question I have for you.

Yeah. Not such a good idea.

I have to hope that someone will be progressive enough to consider a foreigner for a position. Or that I can get something with an airline.

Sigh.

Otherwise, all I'm doing right now is working, sleeping, eating. I'm exhausted physically and mentally, I don't have enough time for anything.

My grandmother is dying of cancer, so that's another thing I'm thinking about. This sucks pretty well...she'll be gone in the next few months, max, I think she's resigned to the idea that she'll be dying. Just hoping she gets a bed in palliative care so it doesn't hurt too much.

And that's about it here.

Still thinking about that photo. That's one of my favorite places in London, the town of Kew. Which I can live in no problem, but only if I win the 6/49......

4 comments:

Technodoll said...

Oh, that is such a beautiful photo, no wonder you're dreaming!

I don't know how you could get a job over there besides being transferred or appointed or referred... I think they have to use locals first and then foreign talent if no-one local fits the bill (same here)...

*crossing fingers for you*

Tonya said...

That looks like such a cute area. I just saw your status update. :( I don't know what to say. I know how it feels to kind of get kicked when you're down. :(

Rebecca Foster said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

This Christmas trip is going to be fantastic. Christmas in London, I can't imagine anything better! I'd be tempted to dress up like a Dickens character and wander the streets. :)

myself said...

TD - I'm working on the job thing, I have contacts, I'll get there....

Surfergrrl...- I am trying to look at the kitchen issue as a blessing. New kitchen, right? Just what I need to sell my house....doesn't mean it's not freaking me out however!

AIC, I am really looking forward to Christmas. And the part of London I'll be in is super quaint (I'll take photos, I promise), so I'm really really looking forward to it!