Monday, November 23, 2009

and the water came...

So I walk in from work on Friday, only to wonder why there's water all over my kitchen floor and why I can hear what is akin to Niagara Falls coming from my kitchen ceiling?

My toilet ran all day and overflowed into the kitchen below, and the basement below that....

Now. I need a new kitchen, but seriously, this wasn't the way I planned on getting that.....

I am going to look at this as a blessing in disguise, they are going to have to tear down my walls in the kitchen, the cabinets are from 1952, so they will fall apart, and they'll have to put in something new. It'll be ok, right? It'll be a cheap kitchen, but it won't be a million years old, and I'll be able to sell my house, the one thing that I thought would prevent a decent sale.

Sigh.

But the stress associated, I could do without.

I hate construction zones. My parents place was under construction from the time I was about 7 until after I owned my own home at 21. Construction zones stress me, and I'm about to live in one.

The job hunt (which I can't complain about, I have a job, so shut up right?), wanting to move & being blocked, my grandmother, and now the house stuff....I just find sometimes that I get tested in a big way, with alot all at once, and that one day this migraine I'm feeling is actually an aneurysm due to stress. And that it's going to blow.

Hope not though.

Feel free to shoot me anytime.

1 comment:

Technodoll said...

Someday, you will look back on all of this and laugh.

I promise.

In the meantime YES it's shit and YES the migraines are from stress and don't help at ALL, the only thing you can do is focus on the positives because you ARE getting the hell outta dodge!

Just a question of being a bit more patient.

New kitchen, yey!