Saturday, April 5, 2008

and I have returned

Ok so now that I've had a few heart to hearts with my current boss, been told by HR that even *they* aren't really sure what in hell is being expected of me, and again HR telling me we need to have a meeting with the new temporary boss, I'm feeling a bit better.

I work for a huge US firm in freight. If you can't figure out who it is, then you've been hiding under a rock. They've been voted one of the best employers, run companies etc etc etc in the US for years, and there is a reason for that, and seeing as this is my second go-round with them, I want to make this stick. They're great to work for, being a manager for them is fantastic, however, I am not getting back to the place where I am fearing going to work in the morning. Been there, done that, and really don't want to buy the same t-shirt.

So, I'm a bit more relaxed now. Phew. Blood pressure is coming down (which is a good thing considering it tends to be high). Going through a few things that are messing with my brain though, men, friends, all relationships in general, my work out and disappointment that I'm not losing weight as quickly as I'd like. I don't know. Just feeling uneasy.

I suppose I'm starting to feel a bit left out these days. Not left out due to others. Just left out. Maybe I do it to myself, I'm not sure, but I think one of my best friends having gone into a relationship and having forgotten that she has friends (hell, she's forgotten she has kids - and one is below 18!), the alienating comments made by her, another friend that is being pressure to spend time with a sister that hates me (one likes me , the other doesn't for reasons my friend hasn't figured out). Oh I don't know.

Ever wonder why things can't *all* go well at one time, just for a short period? As in, have a date, and it seems to have the possibility of going further, my weight loss is working, and the job is amazing? Nope. Just ain't happening!

So I went emotional shopping. I collect amber. Got a fabulously beautiful piece, green amber, piece of wood in it. It's gorgeous. And, I guess I'll feel prettier when I wear it out tonight.

Ah geez. I don't know anymore.

Anyway. That's the way it is.

Onward and upward?

1 comment:

Two Date Diva said...

I have thought about why it seems that when one part of life starts to pick up then another part falls into the crapper. Why can't the job and the relationship and everything else all gel at the same time?